When the OWNER OF RECORD is seeking a FP-33c for burned/recovered motor vehicle report the following information shall be required in accordance with Chapter 266, Section 29B.
Step I – Required Documentation
Prior to requesting an appointment the owner of record must gather and have in their possession all of the required documentation listed below:
- Driver’s License of vehicle owner
- Vehicle Title or proof of payments for the past three (3) months
- Coverage Selections Page of the insurance policy
- Loan papers
- Bill of Sale
- Repair records (invoices, receipts, bills, ect.)
- Computer printout from last annual inspection
- Insurance Policy (front page)
- Insurance claim number
If the vehicle was stolen and set on fire the following additional documentation is required:
- Lawrence Police Department Stolen Vehicle Incident Report (if vehicle was stolen)
- Recovered Vehicle Police Report (if vehicle was recovered)
Step II – Request an Appointment
In order to process a Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Fire Services Burned/Recovered Motor Vehicle Report (Form FP-33C) the owner of record of the motor vehicle must contact the Lawrence Fire Department Fire Investigation Unit at 978-620-3400 to request and schedule an appointment.
Please note: Appointments are only scheduled Tuesday thru Friday from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Step III – Your Appointment
- At the time of your appointment you must bring all of the required documentation listed above in Step I.
- You must bring the car keys for the vehicle.
- You will complete the Form FP-33C and Form FP-33D in person at the time of the appointment.
- Upon review of the information provided by the owner of record, the Fire Investigation Unit may require additional information.